Nu Skin Celebrates 20 Years of Global Humanitarian Efforts
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sydnee Fox (801) 345-2187, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kara Schneck (801) 345-2116, email@example.com
NU SKIN CELEBRATES 20 YEARS OF GLOBAL HUMANITARIAN EFFORTS AT ANNUAL FORCE FOR GOOD DAY
PROVO, Utah—June 20, 2016—Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. is celebrating 20 years of being a force for good by participating in a number of humanitarian projects focused on improving the lives of children as part of the company’s 13th annual Force for Good Day.
“In 1996, we launched the Epoch product line and designated a portion of each Epoch product sale to be donated to various charitable organizations,” said Truman Hunt, president and chief executive officer. “Since then, we have greatly expanded our reach and efforts to bring hope to children worldwide. Today, we celebrate all that has come from the past 20 years and look forward to doing even more in the future.”
Global Force for Good Day Projects
Nu Skin’s global markets provide aid and support for children with a focus on health, education, economic opportunity and disaster relief in their local communities. A sample of this year’s global Force for Good Day projects includes:
- United States – Corporate and U.S. employees, along with their families, will assemble 10,000 lunches to feed 500 children in need for 20 weeks, create 620 learning kits for young children and beautify 20 flowerbeds in downtown Provo
- Japan – Employees will create 2,200 stationery sets as part of the Kits for Kids Project and deliver them to the children at elementary schools affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake
- Greater China – Employees in Greater China are sponsoring a secondhand clothing drive to collect 20,000 items of clothing that will benefit underprivileged children and families
- Netherlands – Nu Skin Netherlands employees will collect and donate clothes and toys for two orphanages
- Philippines – Employees are collecting and donating school supplies such as lunch boxes, notebooks, writing and coloring materials and folders for the opening of the school year
- South Korea – Employees will paint a mural in a Nu Hope Library in South Korea to inspire continued learning
About the Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation
The Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation provides grants that improve the lives of children by offering hope for a life free from disease, illiteracy and poverty. It began as a campaign in 1996 and was formally organized as a nonprofit foundation two years later. The Foundation is funded by Nu Skin distributor and employee donations and from 25 cents of the sale of each Nu Skin Epoch product. Nu Skin covers all administrative and overhead costs, allowing for 100 percent of donations to be used for humanitarian and charitable causes. The Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States. More information is available at forceforgood.org.
About Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
Founded more than 30 years ago, Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. develops and distributes innovative consumer products, offering a comprehensive line of premium-quality beauty and wellness solutions in more than 50 markets worldwide. The company builds upon its scientific expertise in both skin care and nutrition to continually develop innovative product brands that include the Nu Skin® personal care brand, the Pharmanex® nutrition brand, and most recently, the ageLOC® anti-aging brand. Since its introduction in 2008, the ageLOC brand has generated more than $5 billion in sales, and built a loyal following for such products as the ageLOC Youth nutritional supplement, the ageLOC Me® customized skin care system, as well as the ageLOC TR90® weight management and body shaping system. Nu Skin sells its products through a global network of sales leaders. As a long-standing member of direct selling associations globally, Nu Skin is committed to the industry's consumer guidelines that protect and support those who sell and purchase its products through the direct selling channel. Nu Skin is also traded on the New York Stock Exchange. More information is available at nuskin.com.
# # #